Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chagrin Falls

I'm in Chagrin Falls.  I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise that Ohio has its wealthy pockets, but it was one (see stereotypes and travel experiences).  This little town (I really mean 'little') boasts lush, substantial yards, boutique shopping, and one of the friendliest dry-cleaning services I've ever encountered.

Free advertising: If you're ever in the Chagrin Falls neck of the woods and you have dry-cleaning, go to Fussy Cleaners.  They're friendly, quick, and green.  Don't believe me?  Check it out:




Anyhow, they'll help you, they'll compliment you, and they'll get your clothes lookin' sharp.  Go there.

So Chagrin Falls is an amusing heap of Americana.  It's tiny, it's rural, and it's rich.  What does that mean?  Lots of American flags.  And a Starbuck's.  Of course, the Starbuck's here is about 15 feet away from the astrologer.  You can get your Starbuck's and your Star Chart within ten minutes!  That's efficiency, people.




I have to give a nod to my first Ohio dining experience.  Christopher and I went for some nosh at a little place called Yours Truly.  The interior was the bizarre mix of classy hardwood and grandma's wallpaper, playing early 90's pop.  Despite that, the people were extremely friendly and the food excellent.  We both had fresh-squeezed orange juice and I enjoyed a lovely veggie omelet with the absolute best hashbrowns I've ever had.  Kudos to Yours Truly!


After lunch, we wandered around, buying a shirt for Christopher at J. DiBlasi's and being amused by the town triangle.  Yep, it's that small.  They couldn't accommodate a fourth side.  Our afternoon concluded with a quick run to the Giant Eagle (which isn't) for some groceries of the fruit and dairy varieties.  Although it doesn't measure up to its name in size and granduer, the Giant Eagle has a fantastic selection of fruits and vegetables and resembles a Whole Foods more than the Mad Ox I recall from my visit to Texas at 11 years old.  Thank goodness.


It was back to the house after the groceries.  And to my second evening in the Sinclair House...

No comments:

Post a Comment